Grant Making Guidelines
It is the policy of the Foundation to give priority to institutions and agencies in New York City with programmatic activities in the following categories:
- those which help underprivileged youth build good character and sound values;
- those with innovative programs that focus on early childhood education;
- those supported by both the Founder and his descendants that continue to perform effective services;
Consideration is also given to specific institutions which do not fit into the above categories but have been supported consistently by the Foundation over a long period of time.
The Foundation makes grants only to established institutions. It does not:
- Support individuals through scholarship or other aid.
- Support institutions dealing mainly with medical research, health care or health care training.
- Generally support independent schools, colleges and universities excepting those that the Foundation has consistently supported over a long period of time, or to match gifts made under matching gift plans;
- Make loans;
- Manage programs or projects;
- Make grants to endowment.